OpenQview Installation (Optional)
OpenQview is an optional installation and is not required for OpenAnswer to be functional.
- Copy the OpenQview source code to the root web directory (i.e. /var/www/html/openQview)
- Create the openqview database (i.e. 'openqview') and execute the sql script openqview.sql to create the necessary tables (execute 'mysql openqview < openqview.sql' from the Linux command line).
- Copy app/Config/core.default.php to app/Config/core.php and modify to reflect your server setup
- Copy app/Config/database.default.php to app/Config/database.php and modify to reflect your server setup
- Make sure app/tmp and all its subdirectories are owned and writable by the web server user. On a Linux server, the web server user is most likely 'apache'
- Point your OpenQview domain name to the OpenQview installation. Ensure that OpenQview shares the same primary domain as the OpenConnector installation. (i.e oq.mydomain.com and oc.mydomain.com)
- The installation comes with a default user, having administrative privileges, with the username 'admin' and password 'admin'