- Copy the OpenConnector source files into the directory where you want the node.js application to reside
- Copy settings.default.js to settings.js and modify settings.js to reflect your server setup
- From that directory, execute 'npm install' to install all the module dependencies for the NodeJs application.
- To run OpenConnector as a daemon, we created an Upstart script that runs the node.js app at startup and will also restart the app in case of a crash. An example of the restart script is found at misc/openconnector.conf in the downloaded installation package. If using the upstart script, place openconnector.conf in the /etc/init directory and make sure to edit the file to match the actual path to the OpenConnector NodeJs installation.
- Upon startup of the server, openConnector will automatically start running
- To manually start OpenConnector (using the provided upstart script), execute 'start openconnector' from the command line.
- To manually stop OpenConnector (using the provided upstart script), execute 'stop openconnector' from the command line.