Online Toll-Free Phone Directories
Written by Jacob C. Herman
Phone calls from people you don’t know can be very difficult to deal with. In some cases, it may just be a wrong number but many people have to deal with strangers constantly calling them with the intent of tormenting them and being malicious. As an alternative to sending the call to voicemail, there are online services that allow you to do a reverse search on the number and get information about whoever is calling you! They will often tell you the name of the person’s cell phone carrier and, more importantly, their location so if someone is harassing you and you have an idea who it is, this information can confirm it. Many of these sites can even trace answering services.
As is common in the business world today, sites often offer the barest bit of information such as the name of the phone number’s cell phone carrier, the location of the carrier, and similar details. If you want access to more “advanced” search results, you will have to pay a price. Luckily, you can conduct a simple search on most of these sites without having to pay (unless you want the more detailed information) or even signing up for an account.
- AnyWho: Provides information about area codes, yellow pages, white pages, reverse lookup, and even maps.
- Free CellPhone Lookups: Allows you to run a reverse cell phone number search to trace the carrier, owner, and similar details. Works with both cell phones and unlisted numbers.
- AT&T Directory: Here, you can find phone numbers, addresses, directions, and even maps using either keywords, names or phone number (if you have the full number, i.e. area code and other digits.)
- Inter800: Very simple site. Allows you to enter either a company name or toll-free number in their search engine.
- Internet Toll Free: Has many different search features available, including searching for a toll-free number reverse lookup using 800, 866 or 877 numbers.
- Custom Toll Free: Allows you to enter a toll-free number so it can be reversed and the information is then displayed. Also has a list of recent reverse lookups for a large range of numbers.
- White Pages: Very simple, direct site that requires you to type the phone number in so it can search for any information about the carrier. It also allows reverse address searches and mobile carrier lookups.
- Reverse Phone Directive: Offers the ability to search for the owner of any cell phone or any unlisted number. The results include the name, carrier, address, and any other details where available.
- Intelius: Has the ability to search for unlisted phones and even cell phone numbers. Where possible, it returns results on whether it’s a landline or cell phone, pay phone, a residential or business number in addition to other information like the name and address of the owner.
- US Search: Allows you to quickly reverse search for a number. Offers results including location, carrier, and a map. More detailed information is available for a price.