Memory Techniques and Mnemonics
Written by Jacob C. Herman
Having a poor memory can be a big disadvantage in the information age. Students and professionals need to remember a great deal of information, and those who have an excellent memory will most likely become more successful in their academic or career pursuits. There are many ways to enhance a person’s memory, and these may come in the form of brain exercises and mnemonics, which are memory tools. Here are a number of websites that provide useful information about memory techniques and mnemonics.
Introduction to Memory Techniques
- Introduction to Memory Techniques: An overview of memory techniques.
- Memory Techniques and Mnemonics: Articles that provide comprehensive information and tips on memory techniques and mnemonics.
- Basic Mnemonics: Simple ways to make memorization easier.
- Memory Techniques: Helpful tips for those who wish to improve their memory.
- Improving Memory: A list of techniques and tools for memory enhancement.
- Memory Enhancement Tips: 20 great tips that will help people increase their memory power.
- Memory, Imagination, and Learning: Article that reveals how good memory and imagination can improve learning abilities.
- Advanced Memory Techniques: A list of proven methods for advanced memory training.
- Mnemonic Strategies: Various methods for enhancing memory power.
- Mnemonics for Kids: Memory techniques for learning different subjects in school.
Memory Techniques Explained
- Link Method for Memory Improvement: Description of the linking technique that is used for memory enhancement.
- The Number-Rhyme System: Explanation of the number-rhyme method for improving memory.
- The Number-Shape System: Discover how the number shape system can help people memorize things better.
- The Alphabet Technique: A tutorial on how to use the alphabet technique for better memorization.
- The Journey Method: Find out how the journey method is used for remembering a list or sequence of items.
- The Roman Room System: Brief explanation of the Roman Room memory system.
- The Major System: Learn the major system for remembering long numbers.
- The Dominic System: Tutorial on the Dominic memory system.
Applications of Mnemonic Techniques
- Mnemonic Techniques for Exams: Useful mnemonic techniques that can help students do well in exams.
- Mnemonics for Foreign Languages: Article that discusses the use of mnemonics in foreign language studies.
- Memorizing Playing Cards: Tips on how to remember playing cards.
- How to Memorize Numbers: Find out how to use the phonetic number system to memorize numbers.
- Techniques for Memorizing Lists: Effective techniques for memorizing short and long lists.
- Remembering Names: An article that discusses memory techniques for remembering names.
- Memorizing Speeches: The fast and easy way to memorize speeches.
- Mnemonics and Memory Tricks: Learn a variety of tricks for specific memorization tasks.